IBRO-PERC, The Brain Prize and FENS offer stipends of 1,000 EUR for international students and early career scientists that attend the Brain Conferences. Part of the grant will cover the registration fee of the awardees.
To be considered for a stipend, you have to submit an abstract during the online registration. The grant awardees will be selected following the application deadline of the Brain conference, based on the submitted abstract.
The Brain Conferences
The Brain Conferences establish a series of high-level meetings on neuroscience in Europe. Organised by FENS in collaboration with The Brain Prize, these bi-annual conferences bring together outstanding researchers in key areas of contemporary neuroscience to discuss current concepts and define challenges for future research.
Upcoming Brain Conferences:
- Spring Brain Conference 2017
Learning, Memory and Synaptic Plasticity, 23-26 April, Rungstedgaard, North of Copenhagen, Denmark.
Apply here. Application deadline: 14 February 2017.
- Fall Brain Conference 2017
Cortex Evolution and Development, 24-27 September, Moltkes Palæ, Copenhagen, Denmark.
For enquiries andFor further information and enquiries, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Slots in national courses in 2017
In partnership with IBRO-PERC, FENS has launched this initiative to support MSc and Ph.D. neuroscience students - European and non-European - to broaden their knowledge and acquire international experience by participating in short courses organised by the NENS schools.
The FENS and IBRO-PERC stipends of 750 EUR each are intended to cover travel and accommodation costs for master and Ph.D. students (European and non-European) interested in attending short courses outside the country where they are studying or residing.
FENS and IBRO-PERC stipends are available in 2017 for the following courses:
- ELECTRAIN 2017 - Extended Methods Course in Electrophysiology (Göttingen, Germany, 8-19 May 2017): Göttingen Graduate School for Neurosciences, Biophysics and Molecular Biosciences (GGNB), Göttingen, Germany.
Apply here. Application deadline: 10 March 2017.
- Transylvanian Experimental Neuroscience Summer School - TENSS (Pike Lake, Romania, 1-19 June 2017): International Neuroscience Doctoral Programme, Champalimaud Neuroscience Programme, Lisbon, Portugal.
The amount for each of the IBRO-PERC stipends to attend TENSS is of 500 EUR, while the registration fee is fully waived for the 4 selected awardees.
Apply here. Application deadline: 5 March 2017.
- Neural Circuit Development and Plasticity (Utrecht, the Netherlands, 10-14 July 2017): Master Neuroscience and Cognition, Utrecht University, the Netherlands.
Apply here. Application deadline: 15 April 2017.
- In vivo phenotyping of mutant rodents: integrating neural activity, neurochemistry, heart rate and behaviour (Amsterdam, the Netherlands, 28 August - 3 September 2017): ONWAR, Graduate Schools of Neurosciences, Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
Applications open on: 15 February 2017.
- Psychopharmacology: from laboratory to clinic (University of Crete, Heraklion, Crete, Greece, 7-11 October 2017): The European Graduate School of Neuroscience EURON, Maastricht, the Netherlands.
Applications open on: 1 March 2017.
For enquiries, please contact the NENS Office: email@example.com